Monday, November 10, 2008

This is our kitchen/laundry room!

Our living room.

This was one of my 1st baking experiences with the oven in our apartment, and as you can tell, I wasn't very successful! I have always had a hard time making good bananna bread, because the sides and bottom always get cooked, but the top and the middle are always doughy! I was beyond frustrated so I thought, "Maybe Trevor could help me figure out why I can't get the middle of the bread to cook." (NOT A GOOD IDEA!) Trevor said, "I know. Just turn the oven on broil for a while and it will cook it perfect I promise!" I thought I would give it a try and like 30 seconds later I said, "Trevor! Something is on fire!" I opened the oven and here is what we found....the top of the bread in flames! Trevor said, "This bananna bread will be perfect after we cut off the top!" Trevor sliced off the top burnt layer and we enjoyed some delicious bananna bread!

Happy Halloween!


I'm still trying to figure out how to add pictures and get my blog fully up and running, but my cousin Kristi informed me that I need to update my blog! I have a few spare minutes this morning, so I thought I would try to add some pictures for Kristi to look at :)

4 comments:

Pierce Family said...

Good thing Kristi is on the ball... I LOVED your pumpkins and I thought the banana bread story was hilarious! Thanks for updating!

MegiJones said...

Aub- your little place looks so cute!! I'm glad you posted pics. And I didn't know you were blogging til I saw your name on someone else's blog so I'm excited about that too...

Ashley said...

HAHA!! Aub, that whole banana bread story sounds like something Craig would come up with... :) So glad I found your blog!

Jayne & Alex Nelson said...

your apartment is so cute as well! Welcome to blogging! I don't always update mine as often as I should but I love looking at everyone else's like you said! Enjoy!